The Michigan Animal Rescue League (MARL) is one of Michigan’s most established animal shelters, serving the community since 1953. MARL provides care and second chances to over 1,200 dogs and cats annually. We truly are a “different breed of shelter” and we are always looking for hard-working, compassionate and motivated individuals to join our pack! As the organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities for advancement. Check out the rest of our website to learn more about MARL. If you think you have what it takes to join this dynamic team, we want to hear from you!
Animal Care Technician (Full & Part Time)
What MARL can offer:
- Education in basic dog handling, obedience and training
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- Career progression based on performance
- Competitive wages with flexibility in scheduling
- Learn key skills related to customer service, teamwork, and animal care
- Make a difference by helping homeless animals
- Take pride in making a difference in the community
- Engage, socialize, and spend time with lots of animals
As an Animal Care Technician, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of the animal’s areas
- Cleaning enclosures
- Feeding and socializing dogs and cats
- Monitoring animals for medical issues or changes in behavior
- Working with animals on basic training
- Showing animals to potential adopters
- Working with volunteers
Applicants must be comfortable working with dogs and cats of all sizes.
Position includes some weekends and holidays. This position also includes working outdoors, even in cold weather.
- Morning 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Evening 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. The cover letter should let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.